Advanced Networking: LinkedIn and Twitter
Research showed that 77% of recruiters said they used search engines to find background data on candidates. Additionally, 35% admitted they eliminated a candidate because of what they found online. – You’ve been Googled: what employers don’t want to see in your online profile
Job searchers need to look good in a Google search. Learn how to improve your Google search image and network online using Twitter and LinkedIn. You’ll learn how to connect with industry leaders, companies, and recruiters all from the comfort of your laptop.
Students must have a basic understanding of Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Complete LinkedIn and Twitter profile
- Overview of personal branding
- Overview of Twitter and LinkedIn features for job seekers
- How to identify industry leaders and company leaders
- How to source and share content that best communicates your knowledge and personality
- Etiquette for connecting with alumni, prospective employers and recruiters
- Integrating Twitter and LinkedIn into your resume and cover letter
- LinkedIn profile review
- Twitter bio feedback
- Job search tools using LinkedIn and Twitter